Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec Lansing did more than audio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member whitebroncoii's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2008
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Altec Lansing did more than audio

    1942 - 1945 . . . 97% of Altec man-hours spent on electronic military products, including the production of anti-submarine detection equipment

    1945 . . . entered the home market with the term "high fidelity". Products included Duplex(R) Loudspeakers, power amplifiers and television.

    1946 . . . acquired Peerless Electrical Products Co. (transformers)

    1954 . . . Peerless developed airborne radar transformers for Hughes

    1956 . . . entered telephone products fields with program amplifier model S17

    1958 . . . introduced first telephone repeater amplifier

    1961 . . . installed telephone conference system at Disneyland, USA

    1965 . . . LTV Ling Altec Inc. divisions and subsidiaries
    Altec Service Corp.
    Ling Electronics Division
    Gonset Inc.
    Altec Lansing Division
    (Peerless Electrical Products & Audio Controls)
    University Sound

    1968 . . . acquired Allied Radio, renamed Altecom (nurse-call)

    1969 . . . developed Random Access School Intercom system
    Experience is Knowledge

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sba2's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2009
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing did more than audio

    .....don't forget their truck division
    Altec Industries, Inc. - Home

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Lansing did more than audio

    Quote Originally Posted by whitebroncoii View Post

    1965 . . . LTV Ling Altec Inc. divisions and subsidiaries
    Altec Service Corp.
    Ling Electronics Division
    Gonset Inc.
    Altec Lansing Division
    (Peerless Electrical Products & Audio Controls)
    University Sound
    Thanks G!

    (' course we all know the Altec bucket trucks are entirely unrelated. )
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.